Hello there! I’m Diana Costes Brook, I’m 55 years old and I run my home, Chateau de la Puisaye in Normandy, as a bed and breakfast and holiday cottage business. I say, “my home” but if course it’s also my husband’s Bruno but you might not see him as although he works from home he’s often away running his own business as a consultant, which is very useful because in this day and age every penny counts! I’ve worn many hats in my life. I was a City solicitor but found the film industry more interesting then found myself on a blind date in Rue de Mouffetard in Paris with le charmant Bruno and that was it. Twelve years later, I found myself unemployed and so we made THE BIG MOVE to the country. Poor Bruno had to carry on doing a serious job while I set to work building our dream of renovating a castle and making it pay! I’m not sure to what extent we’ve achieved this - but I love it and love welcoming people and hope they can share something of the feeling we felt when we first came here. OUR HOUSE LOVES PEOPLE! I’d love to share our experience with you.
Ps.We have a son who I adore but he hates me talking about him so ………
Recent Blog Posts
- Beautiful weather so starting to get the pool going! Too green to swim yet!
- Bolivia enjoys the Spring heatwave in the new paddocks
- A little appetizer to get the saliva going! Apple boudin tart with redcurrant sauce …
- First Terrine de Foie Gras of the Party Season
- First lambs born yesterday!
- The Hat that lost its Owner!
- Winter Promotions
Popular Blog Posts
- First-born lamb brings in the New Year! 2,515 views
- Bon voyage Nick and Shona! 2,021 views
- The Swimming Pool – Building Work Can Start at Last! 1,852 views
- The Pool! Sunny Days at Last! 1,654 views
- The Pool – Day 12 – Ellie’s getting impatient! 1,520 views
- Luc Arbogast of The Voice in Christmas concert at L’Eglise de la Madeleine 1,339 views
- Day 29 – Slowly but Surely! 1,128 views
- Sunny Days in Normandy 1,124 views
- In the hands of Tamar Sarfati 707 views
- Our Own Friendly Neighbourhood Hare – in the Park! 674 views
- April 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (2)
- December 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- October 2014 (2)
- July 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (2)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (5)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (3)
Take advantage of the last few weeks of availability for our holiday cottage. 20% reduction on the price of the weekend starting 23rd May or the week commencing 24th May. Contact Diana on 00 33 6 85 07 61 24.
http://www.normandie-sud-tourisme.fr Jeudi 3 avril 2014 Les visites guidées du printemps à Verneuil-sur-Avre Le Printemps arrive et les visites guidées de Verneuil-sur-Avre également ! Petits et grands vont pouvoir (re)découvrir le patrimoine et l’histoire exceptionnelle de cette ville classée parmi les Cent … Continue reading
Si ce mail ne s’affiche pas correctement ouvrir ce lien http://www.normandie-sud-tourisme.fr Jeudi 17 avril 2014 Les histoires en calèche reviennent au mois de mai en Normandie Sud Les calèches et leur guide reviennent à Verneuil-sur-Avre et à Tillières-sur-Avre au mois … Continue reading
We should filling it with water at the end of the month so hopefully if the weather holds we’ll be swimming soon!
Yesterday the service locale was just about finished (it just needs a roof). Today the guys laid 19 m3 of concrete around the pool to support the tiles and keep the areas around the service locale neat and tidy.
The pool is nearly “finished” but the liner can’t go in until the weather is better and temperatures reach 20°C. In the meantime the tiles are about to be laid and the service locale built.
After two weeks of rain and mud the terracing has started at last and we can begin to see what it’s going to look like. Tomorrow 12 m3 of ciment is being laid and the pool will be finished. Next … Continue reading