Hello there! I’m Diana Costes Brook, I’m 55 years old and I run my home, Chateau de la Puisaye in Normandy, as a bed and breakfast and holiday cottage business. I say, “my home” but if course it’s also my husband’s Bruno but you might not see him as although he works from home he’s often away running his own business as a consultant, which is very useful because in this day and age every penny counts! I’ve worn many hats in my life. I was a City solicitor but found the film industry more interesting then found myself on a blind date in Rue de Mouffetard in Paris with le charmant Bruno and that was it. Twelve years later, I found myself unemployed and so we made THE BIG MOVE to the country. Poor Bruno had to carry on doing a serious job while I set to work building our dream of renovating a castle and making it pay! I’m not sure to what extent we’ve achieved this - but I love it and love welcoming people and hope they can share something of the feeling we felt when we first came here. OUR HOUSE LOVES PEOPLE! I’d love to share our experience with you.
Ps.We have a son who I adore but he hates me talking about him so ………
Recent Blog Posts
- COVID-19 Crisis Missing you!
- Spring is On its way
- Tutored Creative Writing course Nov 2018
- Beautiful weather so starting to get the pool going! Too green to swim yet!
- Bolivia enjoys the Spring heatwave in the new paddocks
- A little appetizer to get the saliva going! Apple boudin tart with redcurrant sauce …
- First Terrine de Foie Gras of the Party Season
Popular Blog Posts
- First-born lamb brings in the New Year! 2,543 views
- Bon voyage Nick and Shona! 2,065 views
- The Swimming Pool – Building Work Can Start at Last! 1,916 views
- The Pool! Sunny Days at Last! 1,685 views
- The Pool – Day 12 – Ellie’s getting impatient! 1,551 views
- Luc Arbogast of The Voice in Christmas concert at L’Eglise de la Madeleine 1,383 views
- Sunny Days in Normandy 1,179 views
- Day 29 – Slowly but Surely! 1,156 views
- In the hands of Tamar Sarfati 782 views
- Our Own Friendly Neighbourhood Hare – in the Park! 703 views
- April 2020 (1)
- March 2018 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- April 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- November 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (2)
- December 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- October 2014 (2)
- July 2014 (2)
- June 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (2)
- April 2014 (3)
- March 2014 (5)
- February 2014 (5)
- January 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (2)
- November 2013 (1)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (2)
- April 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (5)
- October 2012 (3)
Author Archives: Diana
So we are closed to tourists until 24th May (subject to confirmation). We will be posting our safety and hygiene protocole as soon as we know when we will be re-opening. Meanwhile nature taunts us with a glorious Spring!
The hens are laying 7 a day including some “oeufs chocolat” ahead of Easter!
Watch this space! Thrilled to announce that award-winning writers Sally Gardner and Chrisr Vick will be tutoring a residential writing course in November 2018. Details to be announced soon but as spaces will be limited let me know if you … Continue reading
Over 18°C in the shade yesterday!
Terrine de Foie gras from Laurent Callebaut’s farm, seasoned with calvados
15% reduction on the price of self-catering in the Hunting Lodge up until end January 2017 and 25% on bed and breakfast prices until 22nd December 2016.